Popular Posts

Member's Profile: The Wedding Main St.

Meet Glenn, her shop TheWeddingMainSt, the trendsetter of elegant and sophisticated wedding card boxes. All of the items in her shop are made to order and she can work with you to create the ideal card box for your event.



Tell us a little about yourself
I live in Long Island New York with my husband and two kids. With my best gal (laptop), I manage my online stores all at the comfort of my home office and with two friends who work for me part time. I have been making and designing wedding card boxes a little over seven years now. An 'online mom' pretty much became my career. I worked as a Management Engineer before my eldest son was born. Being a mom  is already a full time job, and being a creative mom just became an avenue for me to have this business at home.


From Etsy Wedding Divas

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
Blogging. When other people are into yoga, I blog it's my way of recharging before the kids come home from school and after I tuck them into bed at night. Once a week, when it's really very hectic, I'll take a break and watch with my husband borrowed-dvd movies from our town library or Pretty Woman dvd.


What's your favorite item in your shop?
All of them. Each design has a story and journey to tell. I can say that my designs have evolved through the years, inspired by clients who are very enthusiastic to collaborate with us.

From Etsy Wedding Divas

How did the first one come about?
I remember my initial 3 tier card box was covered with clay modeled as fondant. I actually started selling them on ebay in 2005, seven years ago. The first email I received inquired about how will I ship it...not thought of that, hmmp. So that's when the use of fabric for covering my card boxes came about which gave me lots of possibilities. I started the trend of tiered fabric covered boxes. Before there were only white, plain square cubes and some were tiered and some used paints.  After four solid years building a reputation on ebay and gained clientele (resellers), I opened my own online store in 2009 and months later my etsy shop. Currently, our brand is the No.1 maker of elegant wedding card boxes in the US.



Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
My dream is to have a walk-in store...on the main street, of course. Seriously, in five years?...well I have the entire five years to evaluate if it's a viable and a practical thing or not. We'll see.  


Like what you see?
More of TheWeddingMainst's work at her Etsy Shop. Her website. Her blog



:: Please mention our blog if you find this blog post interesting. Blog responsibly ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...